Mimosas are a brunch staple. Every great brunch buffet needs a big pitcher of mimosas to be complete! Of course when we make mimosas, they are totally alcohol free. That also means they taste better and you can drink as many as you want!
Our ginger ale mimosa mocktail is one of our favorite summer time drinks. It is refreshing, easy and a drink that everyone will enjoy.
So grab your best brunch pitcher and let’s get started!
What is a Mimosa?
A classic mimosa cocktail is a mix of equal parts champagne and orange juice. For our mimosa mocktail, we use ginger ale in place of champagne.
This gives the drink such a great taste and ensures it is alcohol free!
Mimosa’s are a classic brunch time drink. They are quite popular in the morning as a way to liven up breakfast but they also make a really good, refreshing drink on a hot day.
Ingredients in a Ginger Ale Mocktail
Mimosas are pretty simple drinks. They usually are made with only two ingredients! Our ginger ale mocktail has a few more ingredients than a typical mimosa because we like things that are a little “extra”.
Here is a look at what we use to make our ginger ale mocktail:
- Orange Juice- Fresh squeezed orange juice is just so much better than bottled juice. You can really tell the difference! Since OJ is one of the main ingredients in this recipe, you want to use the best juice possible.
- Maple Syrup- A little maple syrup compliments the taste of the ginger ale and orange juice so well. It makes the drink perfectly sweet and adds a deep rich taste. This is one of those “secret ingredients” that make people wonder what you added to the drink to make it so irresistible.
- Ginger Ale- Ginger ale is the star of our ginger ale mocktail. Makes sense! Grab a bottle or can of your favorite ginger ale but make sure it is made with real ginger and not just artificial flavorings. Real is always better than fake!
- Orange Slices- A few orange slices make a great garnish. Float one on top of the drink or put the slice on the rim of the glass.
- Ginger Slices- Adding a few slices of fresh ginger as a garnish will really enhance the flavor of the drink and just look good. Ginger is a strong ingredient so be sure to use this garnish sparingly!
Fresh ingredients are the best and real ingredients are also key- no artificial fake stuff here! We just want the pure, delicious taste of ginger ale and orange juice to shine through.
How to Make a Ginger Ale Mimosa Mocktail
Our ginger ale mimosa mocktail is super easy to make. I mean easy, easy. So easy that anyone who can measure and stir will be able to make it. So, if you have 5 minutes and are craving a delicious drink, no problem!
Here is what you need to do:
- Add the orange juice and maple syrup to a large pitcher and stir.
- Add the ginger ale to the pitcher and stir just twice. You want to mix the ingredients together but not lose the bubbles in the ginger ale.
- Pour the mix into glasses of ice and add your orange and ginger slices. Enjoy!
Not only is this drink recipe easy but it also makes quite a few drinks. Five minutes and you’ll have drinks for 4 or more!
Ginger Ale Mocktail Substitutions
There are a few simple ways to mix up this mocktail recipe, making it fresh and exciting. Give each of these variations a try so you can see which ginger ale mocktail is your true favorite.
- Replace one cup of orange juice with a cup of pineapple juice to make a more tropical ginger ale mocktail.
- Use honey instead of maple syrup for a more subtle sweetener
- Muddle some fresh ginger and a pinch of sugar in the bottom of the glass before pouring in the mimosa mocktail.
- Use flavored ginger ale. We like pink raspberry ginger ale and blackberry ginger ale the best.
- Make a huge batch of this mocktail recipe and pour it into a large punch bowl with ice. Guests can scoop their own delicious mimosas at your next party.
It’s incredible how changing one ingredient can really alter the whole recipe. Try a new recipe twist every time you make this drink and you will have it perfected soon!
We love ginger ale, we love mimosas and we definitely love mocktails. This mocktail recipe is a combination of all of those loves and we are so sure that you will love it too. Enjoy!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Do you have any questions about our ginger ale mimosa? Leave it in the comments below and we will answer ASAP! In the meantime, take a look at these FAQ’s and answers and hopefully they will help you on your journey toward crafting the perfect drink.
What flavors go well with ginger ale?
Ginger ale goes really well with citrus flavors. The slightly spicy taste of the ginger is complemented by a bright, acidic taste. Orange, lime and lemon are our favorite flavors to pair with ginger ale.
Can you drink ginger ale on its own?
You sure can! Ginger ale is a refreshing drink on it’s own but it is also great when mixed into mocktails.
Tip for the perfect Pairing?
For your upcoming brunch adventure, tantalize your taste buds with this delectable duo: spanish bread - a delectable filipino pastry roll filled with buttery, sweet goodness - paired perfectly with our ginger ale mimosa.
Is ginger ale healthy?
Ginger ale is actually very healthy. It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that work wonders on the body. Ginger ale may help prevent nausea, relieve morning sickness, aid in digestion, help mild arthritis and even treat migraines. Seems like a drink you definitely need to have on hand!
Is ginger ale good for losing weight?
Ginger ale is not really the best weight loss drink. It often has high levels of sugar which, as we all know, does not promote weight loss but actually the opposite.
There are ginger ales on the market that are sugar free and others that have zero calories. Consider these diet ginger ale options if you are trying to lose weight while still enjoying delicious drinks.
Leave a Reply