Sweet cherries and rich chocolate can be breakfast, lunch or dessert!
Cherry season is pretty short so you need to make sure you get your fill of that pretty red fruit while you can! Our delicious chocolate cherry smoothie is one of the best ways to enjoy fresh cherries. The sweet fruit blends right into the smoothie and complements the rich chocolate so well. Chocolate and cherries are just a perfect fit!
We tried to pack as much fresh cherry flavor and decadent chocolate taste into our smoothie as possible. We don't think you will find any other chocolate cherry smoothie recipe that is as good as ours. You’ll have to try it to believe it!
Cherries are super healthy. In fact, they are one of the healthiest fruits out there! To begin, they are full of antioxidants. Antioxidants have been shown to help fight cancer, boost your immune system and even help improve your skin.
Cherries also have lots of vitamin C, another health boosting component. Cherries have been shown to lower blood sugar levels as well. This means they are a suitable fruit for those who have diabetes or anyone who is just trying to keep their blood sugar down.
Cherries also can help improve your memory and prevent memory loss thanks to the antioxidant called anthocyanin. Seems like they are just a powerhouse fruit that you need in your life.
If you are looking for a healthy smoothie recipe, look no further. This chocolate cherry smoothie recipe is not only healthy but also rich and flavorful. It really has it all.
Our chocolate cherry smoothie is super healthy thanks to several of the ingredients we use. Take a quick look at why you need this healthy smoothie as part of your daily routine and how each ingredient is beneficial.
- Banana- Bananas are full of fiber, magnesium and potassium. They have been shown to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Cherries- We already talked a lot about how cherries are healthy but the main reason why is the antioxidants in the fruit. Antioxidants do so much to help the body that it would take a whole research paper to list them all!
- Greek Yogurt- Greek yogurt has lots of calcium which is important for bone health. It also has probiotics which support digestive health. Greek yogurt can also help lower cholesterol and support heart health.
- Cocoa Powder- Cocoa powder has lots of polyphenols which can help reduce signs of aging and improve blood flow to your brain. Real, unsweetened cocoa powder can reduce blood pressure and can even lower your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- Flaxseeds- Flaxseeds are rich in antioxidants which can remove free radicals from your body. They can help with digestive health and are full of natural, plant based fiber. They are high in omega-3 fatty acids and full of nutrients.
- Honey- Honey has antioxidants as well as antibacterial properties. It is the perfect sweetener to add flavor as well as help improve digestion.
- Whole Milk- Whole milk has lots of healthy fats. It is loaded with calcium to help your bones stay nice and strong.
We are not sure there is any way this smoothie could get any healthier. Every ingredient that we use to make our cherry chocolate smoothie is so beneficial, so nutritious that it is hard to believe it would taste so good. But it does taste good and it really is amazing! Now, let us tell you about how easy it is to make…
Smoothies may be one of the easiest drinks in the world to make. All you need to do is put everything into the blender and puree until super smooth. That is it! Of course we have a few little tips to help you just to ensure you get the whole blending thing down perfectly.
- Freeze the banana and cherries. The frozen fruit makes the drink cold and thick without diluting the flavor. You’ll be able to use less ice or skip the ice completely if all your fruit is frozen.
- Don’t be afraid to blend. Blend the smoothie for at least one minute. The longer it blends, the smoother it will be.
- Get fancy with the garnishes. Top your smoothie with some whipped cream and a chocolate covered cherry. Add some grated chocolate to the top. Make it as fancy as you’d like!
- Use dairy free milk and yogurt. We like almond milk and oat milk yogurt which is thick and creamy.
- Add a scoop of hemp seeds to give the chocolate cherry smoothie some healthy, plant based protein. Now you have a tasty chocolate cherry protein shake to enjoy!
Our chocolate cherry smoothie recipe is so easy that you can easily make it daily. It is so easy that it can even be the first thing you do in the morning. You can make this perfect cherry chocolate smoothie even if you are still half asleep! We know it will still taste incredible
You can feel good about drinking this smoothie for breakfast, lunch or just as an afternoon snack. It is easy enough to make any time of day, even if you only have a few minutes to spare. So enjoy cherry season while it is here and make as many chocolate cherry smoothies as you can!
Still have questions about our delicious smoothie? Let us know! We are always happy to answer your questions and help you make great non alcoholic drinks. Take a look at these few frequently asked questions and answers. You may find the answer you are looking for here!
Does cherry and chocolate go together?
They most definitely do! Yes, chocolate and cherry are a fantastic combination. It is also a very traditional combo which many people enjoy. The chocolate and cherry combination has been around for quite a while and we hope it stays around!
Can I put whole cherries in a blender?
You need to remove the cherry pit and cherry stem before blending. Once the cherries are pitted and the stems are taken off, you can blend the entire cherry.
How to sweeten a smoothie?
We love using honey or maple syrup to sweeten a smoothie. Both of these natural sweeteners have rich flavors and have added health benefits.
How long to blend a smoothie?
We recommend blending a smoothie for at least a minute in a high speed blender. You want the ingredients to really come together and mix well. The longer you blend, the smoother your drink will be. And shouldn’t a smoothie be, well, smooth?