A wonderfully floral and earthy tea with chamomile and turmeric!
Are you getting ready for bed? Do you need something to help calm you down? Perhaps a soothing tea to help you relax? Well, you have come to the right place. Our chamomile and turmeric tea is exactly what you need to help you unwind, decompress and drift off to dreamland.
While you could choose to drink plain old chamomile tea, we know that you probably want something a little more exciting. We created delicious chamomile and turmeric tea recipe that is sure to help you sleep and also taste great right before bedtime.
What is in Chamomile and Turmeric Tea?
Our chamomile and turmeric tea is a special blend of herbs, flowers and love. Here is exactly what goes into our herbal tea:
- Dried chamomile- You can also use caffeine-free chamomile tea bags if you cannot find dried chamomile flowers. Chamomile has a mellow sweetness to it that is a little fruity but also slightly floral. That sweet taste goes perfectly with the peppery flavors of turmeric.
- Coconut oil- Coconut oil adds a little sweetness to the drink and also gives it a creamy texture.
- Almond milk- We love the subtle flavor of almond milk which goes wonderfully with the flavors in a cup of chamomile tea. Feel free to use any kind of milk you’d like- they will all work!
- Ground turmeric- Our recipe use ground turmeric as it is the easiest to find in stores. If you happen to have some fresh turmeric root, peel it and steep it which the chamomile. This will make an even more powerful tea.
- Ground ginger- Ground ginger adds a nice kick to the cup of tea. Ginger has it’s own set of amazing nutrients that adds to the chamomile tea benefits.
- Honey- Honey adds a natural sweetness to our chamomile tea. Honey does not raise blood sugar like other sweeteners which makes it a good choice for a night time drink.
How to Make Turmeric Tea
Making our delicious, healthy tea is very simple. Here is what you need to do:
- Boil water and add the dry chamomile flowers. Let the tea steep.
- Strain the chamomile flowers and discard.
- Add the ground turmeric, almond milk, coconut oil, ginger and honey to the tea and stir.
- Drink chamomile tea while hot!
Making homemade tea is fairly simple and definitely something you can do right before bedtime.
"natural way to promote healthy, deep sleep"
Chamomile Tea Benefits
Chamomile has been the go-to bedtime tea for decades. This is because chamomile is full of an antioxidant called apigenin. Apigenin helps receptors in your brain get sleepy and therefore, help you feel sleepy too! It is a natural way to promote healthy, deep sleep.
Chamomile tea has other amazing benefits as well. Here is a quick look at a few of the things drinking chamomile tea can do for you:
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Help lower blood sugar
- Help prevent osteoporosis
- Reduce inflammation
- Promotes Sleep
- Help treat cold symptoms (inhaling chamomile extract has been shown to relieve symptoms of the common cold!)
Turmeric Tea Benefits
Turmeric is another powerful ingredient that has lots of health benefits. Take a look:
- Eases arthritis symptoms thanks to the strong anti inflammatory properties
- Help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Helps prevent cancer thanks to the antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties
- Boosts Immune system
- Lowers cholesterol
Combining turmeric tea and chamomile tea creates a flavorful, delicious and extremely healthy tea. There are so many reasons to enjoy this incredible tea! A big warm mug of chamomile and turmeric tea before bed and you’ll be happily sleeping like a baby.
You Asked, We’re Answering!
Here are the answers to a few of your top questions about chamomile and turmeric tea. If you still have questions, feel free to shoot us a message and we will respond ASAP!
Can I add turmeric to chamomile tea?
You definitely can add turmeric to chamomile tea! That is exactly what our recipe is all about! We have found that ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric is the perfect amount for one cup of chamomile tea. You can also steep about 4 slices of fresh turmeric root along with your dried chamomile tea then strain and discard before you enjoy your warm, nighttime drink.
What's chamomile tea good for?
Chamomile tea has lots of benefits. It has been shown to reduce inflammation, promote sleep, help soothe cold symptoms, lower blood sugar, and even reduce menstrual pain.
What is turmeric and chamomile good for?
Turmeric and chamomile are both powerful anti inflammatories and antioxidants. See our sections above to read all the great benefits of these ingredients.
Is it OK to drink turmeric tea every day?
You definitely can drink turmeric tea every day. Your body will actually thank you for it!
Can I drink turmeric tea before bed?
Turmeric tea is a wonderful tea to drink before bedtime. It does not have caffeine so you should be able to drift right to sleep.
Is it OK to drink chamomile tea every day?
Yes, it is okay to drink chamomile tea daily.
What tea is best with turmeric?
We think chamomile tea is best with turmeric!
What are the negative effects of turmeric?
Most people have no problem consuming turmeric. Some people do experience distension, reflux, nausea or stomach ache.
Does chamomile tea make you sleepy?
The natural chemicals in chamomile tea have been shown to promote sleep.
Is chamomile tea good for anxiety?
Chamomile tea has been shown to help reduce anxiety.
Does chamomile have side effects?
Chamomile tea does not have many negative side effects. Those allergic to plants in the daisy family should not drink chamomile tea.
Does chamomile tea make you poop?
Chamomile tea can calm down your muscles and help them relax, causing bowel movements to occur more easily.
Does chamomile tea make you lose weight?
Chamomile tea can help you loose weight by ridding the body of toxins and helping shed excess water.
How long before bed should I drink chamomile tea?
Drink chamomile tea about an hour before bedtime to get the best, sleep inducing effects.
What tea makes you lose weight?
Green tea has been shown to be the most powerful weight loss aid.
Can any other oil be used in the place of coconut oil if I don't have it on hand?