Tropical islands await you in every glass!
Do you love sitting on the shore of the ocean with a cold drink in your hand, just listening to the waves crash along the shore? Do you look forward to warm summer weather when you can enjoy fruity, tropical drinks anytime you’d like?
If this all rings true to you, then our calypso drink is for you! It is fruity, tropical, refreshing and completely beach-ready. You are going to love it!
What is a Calypso Drink?
You may have seen Calypso brand drinks in stores. It is a very popular brand of lemonade that comes in many different flavors.
Calypso drinks are made with natural ingredients and have the perfect blend of sweet and sour taste. It is everything you’d want in a lemonade!
Our favorite Calypso brand lemonade is the peach flavor. We wanted to try to create this peach lemonade on our own, using natural ingredients just like the Calypso brand does.
However, we also wanted to make our drink a little more tropical. Peach lemonade is delicious but coconut peach lemonade sounds even better!
Keep reading to find out how we made this incredible drink.
Ingredients for Coconut Peach Lemonade
Lemonade is a very simple drink recipe to make. You do not need much to make a great lemonade. Here is what we use to make our peach lemonade:
- Water- Water is the base of the lemonade and makes it nice refreshing
- Coconut Water- Coconut water is tropical flavored and is also quite healthy. Coconut water has lots of fiber which helps aid digestive health. It also has antioxidants and electrolytes that will help you stay hydrated in the hot summer air.
- Peaches- Fresh, ripe peaches add an incredible amount of flavor to the lemonade. Making lemonade with real peaches is unbeatable. If peaches are in season near you, be sure to use the freshest ones you can find. Frozen peaches will work in a pinch and also can make a great drink in the winter when you want a tropical drink but don’t have all the fresh tropical ingredients.
- Sugar- Sugar is necessary to make a sweet, tasty lemonade.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice if possible. Fresh squeezed juice definitely tastes the best. Bottled lemon juice is good as well and a lot less work (no lemons to squeeze!). You should be able to get one cup of fresh lemon juice out of about 3 large lemons.
Head to your local grocery store and grab all the ingredients on this list. You should easily be able to find everything you need!
How to Make Homemade Lemonade
Making a delicious homemade lemonade is as easy as mixing ingredients together and then enjoying every sip. It is such an easy, non alcoholic drink to make that is perfect for everyone in the family.
Here is a quick look at how to make homemade lemonade:
- Mix the water and sugar together in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the sugar syrup to the lemon juice, stir and then chill the drink
Enjoy your fresh lemonade over ice. It really tastes great when it's extra cold.
Our tropical calypso lemonade is made with fresh peaches and also coconut water. It is a fruity twist on a classic drink.
To make our calypso peach lemonade, we puree fresh peeled peaches then strain the peach puree into the lemon juice and sugar mix.
We use half coconut water to give a subtle tropical taste and make the lemonade even more refreshingly delicious. These little alterations make a drink that is super yummy!
Calypso Drink Flavors
There are a few ways to tweak our natural calypso drink recipe. Here are a few things we have tried that work well.
- Use strawberries in place of peaches
- Use fresh raspberries in place of peaches
- Add 1 cup of sparkling water to make a fizzy calypso drink
- Use erythritol or splenda in place of sugar for a lower carb drink.
- Use lime juice to make calypso limeade instead of lemonade.
You can really use this recipe to make tons of different flavors of calypso lemonade. Strawberry, raspberry and cherry are our favorites. You can even try adding ¼ cup of blue curacao syrup to make a peach blue lemonade.
Homemade lemonade is so easy to make and our tropical calypso drink is just as simple. Make a big pitcher of this tasty peach lemonade to have on hand all summer long. You will be craving it constantly- we promise! Enjoy
You Asked, We’re Answering
We love answering questions about our non alcoholic drink recipes. It helps us learn what you want to know! Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions and answers that we received for our calypso drink. Hopefully some of these will help you whip up the perfect drink!
What are the flavors of Calypso?
Our calypso drink is peach and lemon flavored. However, you can tweak the recipe to be almost any fruity flavor you'd like! Replace the peaches with fresh strawberries, raspberries, pitted cherries or blackberries to make your own fun flavor calypso. Almost any fruit will work!
What is Calypso hops?
Calypso hops are a fruity type of hops used to make beer. The hops have a strong lemonade flavor and also taste a little tropical when brewed. While we do not use hops to make our calypso drink, some of the flavors are quite similar!
How do you make real lemonade?
Real lemonade is made with sugar, water and fresh squeezed lemon juice. You can simply mix all the ingredients together, stirring well to blend the sugar into the water. However, we like to boil the sugar and water together, ensuring all the sugar is completely dissolved. It only takes a few minutes to boil the sugar and water then mix in the lemon juice, creating an evenly mixed, irresistible real lemonade!
How can you tell if a peach is ripe?
Ripe peaches are extremely juicy and flavorful. An unripe peach may be hard, mealy and not very flavorful. This recipe depends on the flavor of the ripe peach! Give your peach a slight squeeze.
A ripe peach will be a little soft and give a little when you squeeze it. Ripe peaches also smell very sweet. When your peach starts giving off that signature peach aroma, it is ready to eat or use to make a tasty drink.
Leave a Reply