A refreshing, beautiful blue drink that is perfect for any summer’s day.
The long island iced tea is a very popular cocktail. It has been a classic drink for years. Now, the blue long island cocktail has gained in popularity. No one can resist a pretty blue drink with a tropical twist.
If you know about Long Island iced teas, then you probably know how full of alcohol they can be. One of the signature features of the long island iced tea drink is that it is made with lots of different alcohols blended together. That is not something you want when living the sober life.
We decided to create a new kind of long island iced tea that uses no alcohol but is still refreshing, sweet and tangy. We also wanted to jump on the bandwagon with the popularity of the blue long island cocktail. That is how we created the non alcoholic blue long island mocktail. It is a drink that we know you are going to love!
What is a Blue Long Island?
A classic blue long island cocktail is made with vodka, gin, rum, tequila, blue curacao liqueur, and lemon juice. There really is no actual tea to speak of in this drink! In fact, it sounds like a big glass of alcohol that will surely lead to a headache. No matter how pretty a traditional blue long island cocktail may be, we definitely want a non alcoholic version.
Non Alcoholic Blue Long Island Mocktail Ingredients
We removed all the alcohol from our blue long island mocktail. You may be wondering what is left! Don’t worry, our drink is much tastier and much more refreshing. Here is what we put into our blue long island mocktail:
- Blue curacao syrup- Blue curacao is made from the dried peel of the Laraha citrus fruit. It has a vibrant blue color and an orange-like flavor. Use blue curacao syrup for this recipe that has no alcohol and is very sweet. It is almost like a blue, orange flavored simple syrup!
- Lemonade- Tart lemonade adds a great taste to this blue long island
- Iced Green Tea- Green iced tea has a light flavor and is full of antioxidants. Green tea helps make this drink healthy and delicious!
- Lime Juice- Fresh lime juice adds a strong zing to the drink that you will love.
- Maraschino cherries and lime slices- A bright red cherry looks incredible in the glass of blue long island. A lime wedge adds the perfect finishing touch to the glass.
These simple ingredients blend together to make a very unique drink. It is delicious, thirst quenching and quite beautiful thanks to the sky blue color.
How to Make Non Alcoholic Long Island Iced Tea with Blue Curacao Syrup
We love easy drinks. This blue long island drink is definitely one of the easiest drinks we know how to make. All you need to do is measure, shake and enjoy the drink! Here is a quick look at how we put together this delicious summer mocktail recipe:
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with a scoop of ice and cover.
- Shake the drink for about 30 seconds and then strain into two highball glasses full of new ice.
- Garnish with the cherry and lime slice and enjoy!
This pretty blue drink is eye catching, fruity and truly amazing. The fact that you can make it in just a few minutes is just one more reason why you should give it a try right now!
Substitutions and Variations
There are a few ways to tweak this blue long island drink and make it customized to you. Here are a few ways we have switched up our recipe and made a drink that is delicious and still simple.
- Use limeade in place of lemonade for a tangier taste
- Use coconut water in place of lemonade for a more tropical, tea drink
- Replace the iced green tea with white tea for a mild, subtle flavor
- Lemon juice in place of lime juice works well
- Float a splash of grenadine on top of the drink for a red and blue drink, perfect for the Fourth of July
- Rim the edge of the glass in lime juice and then dip it in sugar to make each sip extra sweet.
Let us know if you think of any great substitutions or variations for our virgin Long Island blue drink. We are always looking for new types of mocktails!
Give this blue Long Island iced tea a try next time you need a show stopping drink. The bright blue color is so unique that everyone will be asking what’s in your glass! Be sure to pass along this tasty recipe. Cheers!
You Asked, We’re Answering
We get a lot of questions about this gorgeous blue mocktail so we wanted to answer them all here, for you! Hopefully they will help you craft the perfect drink. If you still have questions about the blue Long Island drink, leave them in the comments below!
How do you make a blue Long Island cocktail?
Our recipe will show you exactly how to make this tasty, bright blue drink. At a quick glance, all you need to do is add blue curacao syrup, lemonade, iced green tea, lime juice and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake. Pour the blue mocktail into a glass, garnish with a cherry and a lime slice and enjoy! This is a very easy non alcoholic iced tea to make!
Can you use blue Curacao in a Long Island cocktail?
You definitely can! We opt for blue curacao syrup that is alcohol free. You also want to be sure the Long Island iced tea recipe you are using has no dark ingredients. Regular iced tea or a dark rum in a cocktail will make the drink too dark to see the brilliant blue color. Clear or lightly colored liquids are best here!
What kind of iced tea is blue Long Island? We use iced green tea to make our tasty blue drink. Green tea is a much lighter color which helps the vibrant blue color stand out more. You can also try using white iced tea for a fruitier taste and even more blue color.
Leave a Reply