We have tried so many different milkshakes so we consider ourselves milkshake pros. Even after having so many amazing milkshakes, this banana milkshake still hits the spot every time. It is creamy, sweet, a little fruity and totally rich. It is a milkshake that everyone will love.
How to Make a Milkshake
Making a milkshake is extremely easy. They may be one of the easiest desserts to make. Essentially, all you need to do is blend the ingredients together until they are super smooth. Then you can pour the milkshake and enjoy!
While it may be super simple to make a milkshake, we do have a few pro tops to help you make the best milkshake possible. Take a look at our milkshake tricks.
- Use a good blender- A high powered blender is key to making a smooth milkshake. If your blender isn’t strong, it will not puree the milkshake well. This means there may be chunks or pieces in your milkshake. Invest in a strong blender that is able to crush frozen ingredients. Check out our blender guide here to find the perfect blender for your home.
- Let it blend- Don’t be afraid to let your milkshake blend for at least a minute. While it may look pureed right away, a little extra blending time will make the banana milkshake smooth and fluffy. Whipping all that air into the milkshake is key to it’s perfect texture!
- Don’t use ice- Many milkshake recipes call for ice but ice melts and then waters down the shake. Skip the ice! Using frozen bananas and ice cream will make our banana shake cold and thick enough.
- Freeze the fruit- Any fruit in a milkshake recipe should be frozen. This will give your milkshake a thick texture.
If you have any tips or pointers on how to make a milkshake, let us know! We are always looking for good secret tricks to make our drinks better!
Milkshake Maker vs. Blender
If you really love milkshakes, you may want to invest in a milkshake maker or milkshake machine. Milkshake makers are usually made of stainless steel. They have a long mixing wand that whips the ingredients of a milkshake together.
Milkshake makers will not crush ice or puree frozen fruit. However, they do blend milk, ice creams, powders and liquids together really well.
The main benefit of a milkshake maker is that it is very safe to use. There are no sharp blades and usually work at the push of a button. Kids can easily learn to use a milkshake machine safely, enabling them to make their own dessert treats!
Milkshake makers keep milkshakes cold. The stainless steel cup insulates the ingredients while they blend. Blenders can get hot as they run and the heat from the motor can melt a milkshake. You won’t have this problem with a milkshake machine!
Best Milkshake Maker
Here are a few of the best milkshake makers on the market. If you are interested in making a lot of delicious, perfectly blended milkshakes, then take a look at these awesome milkshake machines that are sure to get the job done!
Hamilton Beach DrinkMaster
This milkshake machine is beautiful and powerful. The retro look of the machine is perfect for decorating your countertop. It is fairly compact at only 7 inches wide and 14 inches tall. The simple design is very easy to clean.
The Hamilton Beach DrinkMaster has two speed settings which will help you whip the perfect milkshake. Drink the cold milkshake straight from the mixing cup and you will not be disappointed.
Nostalgia Two Speed Milkshake Machine
This easy to use milkshake maker is perfect for anyone looking to blend a creamy milkshake. We love the simple push button operating switch and the sleek design. The limited edition Coca Cola milkshake machine is retro but also modern. It will be a fun and useful kitchen tool!
Gdrasuya10 Commercial Milkshake Machine
If you plan on making a lot of milkshakes, this dual machine is your best bet. Not only can you make two milkshakes at once, but the motor is extremely powerful. Every milkshake will be perfectly smooth and blended quickly.
The two sides of the milkshake maker have separate power switches. You can make one milkshake at a time or blend them both together. It is very easy to set up the machine and simple to clean.
Malt vs Milkshake
Have you ever seen a malted milkshake on a menu? What is malt in milkshake? Well, it is a tasty ingredient that makes milkshakes super delicious.
Malted milk powder is barley malt powder with dry milk powder mixed in. Malted milk powder adds a creamy and milky taste to milkshakes. It makes the drink taste sweeter and gives a vanilla essence to any shake.
Add a scoop of malted milk powder to your milkshake to give it even more flavor.
Use chocolate malt powder or vanilla malt. Both will work well in a milkshake. A malted banana milkshake sounds pretty amazing…
Ingredients in a Banana Milkshake Recipe
Our banana milkshake is super easy to make. Here are the ingredients you will need to make a tasty banana shake.
- Frozen bananas- Frozen bananas add a creamy texture and great banana flavor to the milkshake. Freeze overripe bananas which have the most flavor. Keep a bag in your freezer so you are ready to make banana milkshakes anytime!
- Vanilla bean ice cream- Vanilla bean ice cream has tons of vanilla flavor. The small black vanilla bean specks are also very pretty when blended into the shake.
- Whole Milk- Whole milk is creamy and rich but also not too thick. It will help thin the milkshake slightly, making it a great texture.
- Vanilla Extract- A little extra vanilla enhances the flavor of the milkshake.
- Ground Cinnamon- Ground cinnamon goes well with the taste of bananas. Using cinnamon is optional and your banana milkshake recipe will be delicious without it. However, it adds a new level of flavor that will make your shake extra special.
- Whipped Cream- Topping any milkshake recipe with whipped cream is necessary. It is the perfect finishing touch to any milkshake and will make the shake picture perfect.
Once you have everything you need to make this tasty banana milkshake, put it all in a blender and puree until smooth! Since this banana milkshake recipe has frozen bananas, it will not work in a milkshake maker. You will need a good, powerful blender for this recipe!
Give our delicious banana milkshake a try and don’t forget to check out the awesome possibilities of a new milkshake machine. It will help all your milkshake dreams come true! Enjoy.
Leave a Reply